Thursday, July 7, 2011

Meet the Ladies

Ever since I can remember my Mom and Auntie have been crazy gardeners. They both plant these beautiful pots every year that are to die for! So naturally when we got our own house I needed to get in on this sweet sight. I went shopping with them in April and bought a few flats of flowers and pulled them in and out of the garage every day so they wouldn’t freeze. Crazy, I know. When the time came to plant my pots I went to my Auntie’s house and we planted them (I actually watched while she did it). But I can say that I have had the lesson and am confident that I can do it next year.



My Auntie plants over 30 of her own pots for her house and they all have themes: The Bold & Beautiful, 4th of July, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Pretty in Pink and many more. When I brought my own pots home I felt that in order for me to want to water them every single day that I needed to have some kind of connection with them, so I decided to name each of them (cheesy I know). They are coming along quite nice and I am loving how pretty they look.


Lessons learned with planting: Good soil, Miracle Grow (add this on the day you plant the flowers) Osmocote (you can find this at any home and garden store, they are little pellets that you add to each hole before putting the plant in) and consistent watering! Make sure you water them enough especially in this hot weather. I know it sounds crazy but I tell my plants that they look beautiful and to keep growing, I feel a little silly when I do it but, as you can see, it’s paying off!



So without further ado, meet the ladies.






Doloris


Cecilia




The Grandma Pot: Arli



Penelope (top)




Edna (bottom)








No comments:

Post a Comment