Thursday, July 28, 2011

Green Berry Wreath




I love wreaths! I had been looking for a green berry wreath everywhere and couldn’t find one that I liked. I thought to myself, as I often do, “I can totally make one”! So I went to the craft store and got all the stuff. Its super easy and only took me about an hour or so to make. Unfortunately I don’t have the step by step pictures but I will do my best to explain it.


You will need:
A plain wicker wreath (you can find these almost anywhere for pretty cheap)
Green Berry Sprigs (I got 2 different sizes of berries, 3 sprigs of each size, plus one extra , 7 sprigs total)
Crafting Wire
Glue Gun

Start by trimming the ends of the sprigs so they aren’t so long, but don’t cut the berries off. I tucked the end of the sprig in the wreath and wrapped a piece of crafting wire from front to back tightening the wire and cutting it in the back. This way you won’t see the twisted wire pieces. You will have to kind of fish the wire through the wreath so it doesnt show. Bend the berry sprigs to look how you want them and continue with the crafting wire all the way around the wreath. I alternated the different sizes of berry sprigs so it would have a bit more dimension. I ended up buying 1 extra sprig of berries so I could cut smaller pieces off and fill in where it looked sparce. This was my first wreath and it inspired me to do more. I think it would be so cute with a big ribbon tied to it but since the room its hanging in already has SO MUCH RIBBON I decided against that:)

No comments:

Post a Comment